Tips For Your Trip
Call 336-716-ROAD (7623) for a recorded message with the latest Business 40 news on road work, resources and traffic detours.
- For real time closure information, check NCDOT’s Traveler Information Management (TIMS) maps.
- Check out ncdot.gov and business40nc.com for regular updates.
Navigation apps and websites to use while planning for your visit:
- Waze: Use this app to share and view real-time traffic and road info with other drivers in your area. You can also see real-time alerts on your route for accidents, traffic jams and more.
- Google Maps:Access this web mapping service for real-time traffic conditions (Google Traffic), route planning for travel, to view street maps and more.
- MapQuest:Visit this website for driving directions, maps, live traffic updates and road conditions.
Maps of Alternate Routes to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
- Rural Hall, Tobaccoville, King Mt Airy
- Reedy Creek, Tyro
- High Point, Archdale, Jamestown
- East Bend, Boonville, Jonesville, Elkin
- Davidson, Lexington, Salisbury, I-85
- Greensboro, Raleigh
- Lewisville, Yadkinville, North Wilkesboro
- Wallburg, Thomasville
- Clemmons, Mocksville, Statesville
Broad Street Bridge Closure Starting September 20
Starting Thursday, September 20 at 6 am, the Broad Street Bridge over Business 40 will close and will not reopen until May 2019. If traveling southbound on Broad Street, detour around the closure via First Street, Peters Creek Parkway and Academy Street. If traveling northbound on Broad Street, detour around the closure via Academy Street and Peters Creek Parkway.
See map below:
Business 40 Lane Closures in Both Directions Starting September 21
Starting at 7 pm on Friday, September 21, the NCDOT will close the inside lanes of Business 40 in both directions between Broad Street and Peters Creek Parkway, and at 10 pm, all lanes will close. This section is expected to reopen by 4 pm on Sunday, September 23, weather permitting. If traveling westbound on Business 40, detour around the closure via Broad Street, First Street and Peters Creek Parkway. If traveling eastbound on Business 40, detour around the closure via Peters Creek Parkway, Academy
Street and Broad Street.
See map below:
Closure of Business 40 is Now Scheduled for Mid-November 2018
The NCDOT has announced that the closure of Business 40 between Peters Creek Parkway and US 52 is now
scheduled for mid-November. More detailed information is available on the Business40nc.com website and will
be discussed at the public meetings in October:
- October 9 – BB&T Dash Ballpark
Time: 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Address: 951 Ballpark Way, Winston-Salem 27101
- October 16 – Milton Rhodes Arts Center
Time: 4:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Address: 251 Spruce Street, Winston-Salem 27101